Friday 2 January 2009

2009 Goals

Ok so i've got the whole year ahead to improve my game whist still being in University and not having to worry about finances and stuff.I think this moment in my life is probably very unique and valuable. I have a lot of time on my hands to focus on getting good at one thing with the safety net of no financial obligations and stuff like that.

I suppose what society wants me to get good at is falling into a routine similar to the 9-5 and then wasting my money on fashions, fads and alchohol in the night.

Well hopefully i can use this time to kill poker and maybe get good at internet marketing and stuff alongside that as well. This is where you see my studies fall a couple notches down the priority ladder. TBH i don't think my qualifications after university will matter anyways unless i am set on a "career" and the 9-5 away from my home. All of which i deteste. Where i live it is basically pointless having a degree unless you know someone who will help you get a decent job. Aside from that you just get the option of self-employment or minimum wage stuff. So honing a skillset where i can generate an income for myself is pretty important unless i want to work minimum wage from the end of uni to the end of my life.

So my goals-

-I said on 2+2 i was going to aim for $5k total profit but i think that may be on the smaller side of things. I wouldn't complain with $5k because i've made $1.5k over like 4 months and so that would be ahead of what i'm doing right now. However, i think as i move up in stakes and get better i should be able to bang out some good volume and get the profit up to somewhere between $7k-$10k.

Hopefully that doesn't sound too arrogant or ambitious but i think that with a lot of grinding and the introduction of 2 tabling i should be able to make it.

-I think second to this would be the goal of playing $100s by the end of the year.

I was way too cautious moving from $10-$20 SNG's but i think that's because $20 was a lot of money to me at that time. It's just stupid staying at a level you know you can beat though and as soon as i get the BR for $30's i'll be moving up.

-Ummm pretty closely alongside these two goals comes 2-tabling. I read Hokie's blog where he cites 2-tabling as a bit of an "ah-ha" moment. The same has happened for me. Once you get used to 2-tabling you can just go about banging out really high volume and it seems esier to play ABC because you don't get as much time to overthink things. It really is essential to 2-table if you want to max out profit which is essentially what poker is about.

Think that's about it as far as poker is concerned.

Cheerio

No comments:

Post a Comment