Wednesday 14 January 2009

I need more focus

Ok so i was playing online chess against a friend (i know him in real life it's ok), and he basically asked me what's up with my HU SNG "career". I thought for a moment or to and then asked myself the same question.

At the moment i'm grinding $10s to pay Chicagory his % of our stake and he's being really cool about it.

But after that what am i going to do? Well i guess i should start playing with more structure and consistency. I'm beggining to realise what makes me play well, i need to be well slept, fed and all that. Also i have to watch some sort of poker video to get in the right frame of mind.

Now, that frame of mind is like a drug. It only lasts for so long so you gotta take advantage of it before it runs out and you need another shot. I think the key for me is firstly understanding how to take that drug and then realising when i need another fix and getting it.

Once i can get into this sort of habit then i will pretty much be able to kill whatever limit i play. I'm confident i will be able to maintain an ROI above 10% when moving up just as long as i stick to the plan and walk away or get more drugs as soon as i feel them waring off.

So basically:

-Finish current stake

-stake myself

-Play 30+ games a day without tilt and move through the limits back up to $20 SNGs

I know this is a pretty pointless post but it's more of a note to myself than anything.

As a side, i took 2nd in a live Re-Buy event the other night. Got it in ahead heads up which is annoying because i've never won a live event but meh. Gonna keep learning about poker in general as i think MTTs are great fun and break up the monotony of HU SNG grinding.

Also chess is fast coming onto my radar and i think maybe if i can improve my chess game it will have a positive effect on my poker game.

Cheers

1 comment: